Trolleys

All sorts of trolleys have been associated with the railways; here are three, plus a further one that is not railway-related. Between them, they show just how fine you can print.

BRUTEs

I posted about these a while ago, but had no images of them painted. Not that they are painted that well - you can see some places the paint has filled in holes in the mess.



Porter's Trolleys

These are the four wheel version. One of the great things about 3d printing is it is so easy to make little variations. I created a basic trolley with the pull-bar raised, then another with it down, and then for each created versions that are also laden.


For once, the photo really shows the model off well. You can see the planking on the left-most trolley, and the bird cage on the near right-trolley is much easier to see here than when holding it.
I considered putting an owl in the cage, but how would I paint it?

A further set of variations... I removed the bars at either end, and changed the wheels, then loaded the trolley with milk churns. The conical churns were around before about 1930, the cylindrical thereafter.


Passenger Trolleys

The prototype is designed to fit together in a line when not is use, so I did both single trolleys and lines of them. I remember them from the eighties, and they are still around today. There may be differences over the decades, but not noticeable in N gauge!


Very fiddly! I printed six of the single trolleys, and three broken when I was trying to remove the supports.

I printed some at an angle, but the ones printed upright worked out best.

I also did some in 4 mm scale; you can see them better!


Shopping Trolleys

Again, little changed over the decades. The wire mesh is very over-scaled!


The one at the back in 4 mm again.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various tank wagons

Introduction to the Blog

Safety First!