Introduction to the Blog

 My first post was back in February - before I had even purchased a 3d printer, and it is now November and I am writing the introduction...

This blog is all about my experiences for 3d printing. It is a way for me to share what I learn along the way, and to show off what I have created.

Most pages are tagged Model and are about a specific model, and the prototype it is based on. Generally I try to visit the prototype, and include a couple of photos of that for comparison. I also try to learn the history of the building, which is not always easy, and record that on the page too. A lot are buildings in and around Preston, as that is where I live.

Models are further divided into Building, Railway (i.e., railway-related buildings), Feature (bridges, tunnel portals, etc.), Rolling Stock and Clutter (smaller items)

In addition, there are pages tagged How to and Prototype.

If you want to know how to use Blender to make 3d models, there is an article I wrote on another site.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various tank wagons

Preston City Mission