MS 3D Builder

 3D Builder is a Microsoft app that I routinely use to correct issues with models. Any STL file exported from Blender is opened in 3D Builder, imported, and then saved in a different folder, whether the model was corrected or not.

I would guess at least eight out of every ten models need to be corrected, so this is great.

If it finds issues, it will put a pink box round the base of the object, and I ask if I want to import it. The progress will quickly get to about 80%, then stick there for a while. Sometime a long while! But it always gets there in the end.

Today I had a model that is different.

It has the red box, but rather than a faded, almost pink red, it was a bright red.


And when I imported it, it stuck at about 25% for a while, as well as 80%. Though it did get there in the end, I guess in about 15 minutes so not too long.

I cannot find much in the way of documentation on 3D Builder. Plenty of tutorials for beginners, but nothing of any depth.

As you can see from the image, there is a Help menu, which has a "User guide" option.... But it just goes to a page that apologies for the requested page being missing.

You kind of get the impression they do not want you knowing...

So I am guess there was another type of errors in this model, and perhaps the box is bright red because there are actually two boxes there, one for each error type.

I would love to know what was different about the above model. It is a row of passenger trolleys, and a single trolley did not do that. But who knows?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various tank wagons

Introduction to the Blog

Safety First!