Lancastria House

Lancastria House was built by the Lancastrian Co-Operative Society in, I think, 1935. It is, in my view, the best example of Art Deco we have in Preston.

It is mostly done in Blender, and I am starting to print it out. This was my longest print, at over eight hours. This is the first six components.




I have yet to print out the ground floor; the walls you see will eventually be rather higher, almost up to the towers. Obviously no roof or back wall yet either.

There is the prototype. It is currently not in use - and narrowly avoided demolition, but was recently Great Times Chinese Restaurant on the ground floor, and offices above.


Ultimately I decided to do this as a low relief building.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various tank wagons

Introduction to the Blog

Preston City Mission