"Tip-Air" Dry Powder Wagons


Here are some "tip-air" wagons, the prototype can be found here. The dry powder is taken out by raising the hopper to an angle of 12° with a hydraulic piston at one end, and then blowing out with compressed air.

I designed these some time ago, and a friend has a go at printing them, but there were issues. The first run I did I found they were slightly too long for the base (a Farish PCA wagon).

With some adjustment, I think they look pretty good.


I did the walkways as separate pieces, and in hindsight would try doing it all in one next time. They do have a diamond pattern visible on them, but you have to look pretty close. The ladders are brass.

The transfer were created in InkScape, and might be a bit overscale. They were stressed before printing to give a faded effect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various tank wagons

Introduction to the Blog

Preston City Mission